RED LAKE MINERS (SIJHL) JUNIOR A HOCKEY HEAD COACH /GM
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be responsible to perform all usual duties associated with the job as Head Coach and General Manager of a Junior A Hockey Club including, but not limited to:
• Identify and recruit players capable of playing Junior A hockey at a high level.
• Create, sustain and lead an atmosphere that promotes success, player development, and career progression.
• Conduct all on-ice camps, practices, games, and off-ice activities usual to the operation of a Junior A hockey club.
• Create practice plans that promote individual skill and team progression.
• Develop game and practice plans including offensive and defensive systems as well as special teams play.
• Display team progression throughout the hockey season.
• Analyze game film and conduct video review meetings with players.
• Represent the Red Lake Miners Hockey Club throughout the community.
• Build relationships with community members, assist in planning and attend fundraising events as required.
• Perform additional duties as directed by team directors.
• Recruit and lead additional club staff including assistant coaching staff and trainers/equipment manager.
• Work closely with team executive to analyse and prepare team operational budgets and be accountable to manage the club within the provision of such budget, including optimizing expenses to perform favorably against the approved budget. Report to the board the financial position of the hockey club on an agreed-upon schedule (minimum monthly).
• Organize travel with the assistance of the board.
• Understanding of basic business principles including finance and accounting, sales and marketing, and human resources.
A competitive wage commensurate with experience and qualifications and ancillary benefits package is offered.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and references to Team President Jason Vinet at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to July 31st.
The Red Lake Miners are members and reigning champions of the Superior International Junior Hockey League which is one of nine member-leagues of the Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL).
We thank everyone for their interest, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Superior International Junior Hockey League is a 7-team league that operates in Northwestern Ontario and Wisconsin.